[ARIN-consult] Community Consultation on CKN23-ARIN Now Open

Steven Noble snoble at sonn.com
Wed Mar 29 17:21:04 EDT 2017

Hi John,

Now that I have had more time to look at it, I believe you do state the
issue I have :

"    * POCs that were moved from resource tech to Org abuse are not
happy about no longer having control of their resource record"

The entire reason I wanted to get back control of my AS was to update
the physical address nothing else.  My reasoning was that the address
should be current and correct.  Obviously an AS is not as valuable as IP
space, which I believe is what this mainly is addressing (no pun intended).

Do you have more data about what the POCs are having issues with?  If
these POCs are upset I assume you must be unable to vet them, otherwise
they would have control of the resource.

I think clarity on what is necessary to put the correct data into the
record would be useful.

I do agree that CKN23 should be removed as both the email and phone
number are invalid and I believe at a minimum the POC should contain
actionable data.

I do agree that putting resource POCs back in where there is reasonable
suspicion that the POC is invalid/hijacked should trigger a lock.

I am having issue with POCs who are still at the same ORG with the same
contact information being locked, which would be a small subset I
believe.  Said POCs would not have done anything wrong and their
requests should be honored with minimal interference.

Possibly this is what ARIN is planning to do, i.e. an old record with an
old POC gets updated, triggers abuse who then can easily vet that the
POC is valid.  Where as an old record with a new POC would require more
intensive vetting.