[ARIN-consult] Consultation on Transfer Fees Now Open

David R Huberman daveid at panix.com
Tue Sep 6 16:03:09 EDT 2016

John,

Thank you for putting this out for community consultation. I think this
is a fairly big shift in both thinking and fees, and it is good that the
Board is asking for input.

To provide that input, however, I would like to see more data to have a
better understanding of the proposed changes.

Baseline data we already know:

- Audited finncials from last year report $31.8M in reserve.

- FY16 budget is $21.7M

- FY16 revenue is projected at $18.8M (a ~$2.9M deficit)

- The audited financials for FY15 show $276,500 in revenue under "Network
transfers"

Questions that come to mind, to try and be informed:

- assuming this was in place Jan 1, what would the projected revenue be
for transfers in FY17?

- what assumptions were made to get to this projection?

Thank you,
David