[ARIN-consult] Community Consultation on IRR Route Validation

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Wed Mar 18 09:07:44 EDT 2015

On Mar 18, 2015, at 8:59 AM, David Huberman <David.Huberman at microsoft.com> wrote:

> I believe ARIN should not spend any money on further development of the IRR
> until there is a loud noise from the operational community to do so.

Agreed, but note that the consultation is specifically to determine if there
is such interest in further development.

> The RPKI efforts cost ARIN a lot of member money, and the benefits the operational community are receiving from all that work are neglible if not near zero.

The consultation is with regarding ARIN's IRR services, and does not relate to
our RPKI efforts in any manner.  If you have a viewpoint regarding whether ARIN
should further develop IRR services per the consultation, please make it known.

Thanks!
/John

John Curran
President and CEO