[ARIN-consult] [arin-announce] Reminder: Consultation onRegistration ServicesAgreement - MORE

Mike Burns mike at iptrading.com
Mon Aug 17 18:41:31 EDT 2015

HI Owen,

Suppose I am a large company with legacy holdings and I want to buy a
smaller company that has ip address holdings.
In order for me to do an 8.2 transfer under policy, I would be required to
sign an RSA.
I would expect that RSA to cover only the transferred addresses and not
subject the large company to a decision whether their legacy holdings are
now voluntarily deemed devoid of any future property rights claim.

Note this is a separate issue from justification, ARIN can still require
efficient use of all holdings without requiring a revocation of property
rights.

Again the question is do we want to drive transfers underground through
legally worthless RSA verbiage?

Regards,
Mike