[ARIN-consult] [arin-announce] Reminder: Consultation on Registration ServicesAgreement - MORE

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Mon Aug 17 17:45:41 EDT 2015

On Aug 17, 2015, at 5:19 PM, Owen DeLong <owen at delong.com> wrote:

> For the most part, the only time anyone signs ANY RSA is with they are getting additional resources.

To be clear, all parties receiving resources (whether from the ARIN free pool
or via transfer) are RSA signatories.

> So, in essence, the entire RSA is to sme extent about further ARIN services.
>
> If you want more resources from this community, then you should agree that the resources managed under this community
> framework, then I think it is perfectly reasonable for the community to demand that you acknowledge the relationship not
> only for the resources you are about to receive, but for the resources you already happen to hold, regardless of how acquired,
> as well.

For example, that means that presently a party seeking IPv6 resources from ARIN must
agree to representations with regard to all number resources, including those which they
obtained prior to ARIN’s formation.   The Board has made plain that providing basic registry
services for legacy resource holders (despite the lack of such agreements) is within the
community’s overall interest -  there is obviously a similar tradeoff to be considered with
respect to seeking acknowledgement of principles for all number resources from those
requesting IPv6 resources versus making IPv6 number resources more widely available.

(i.e. an excellent topic for community discussion)

/John

John Curran
President and CEO
ARIN