[ARIN-consult] [arin-announce] Fee Schedule Change Consultation

Jo Rhett jrhett at netconsonance.com
Wed Oct 31 14:37:29 EDT 2012

On Oct 31, 2012, at 11:24 AM, Owen DeLong wrote:
> Nothing to get to?

Find me something on IPv6 which I can't get to on v4. This is one of the arguments.

But a much more important argument is this. Find me anything at all which I (or anyone else) would consider essential services on v6. I have several machines set up with v6 only. I can't pay my bills, I can't access my bank accounts, about the only thing I can successfully do on those machines is look up driving directions on google maps. So yes, that is "nothing to get to".

>> My suggestion to ARIN was to promote getting more people to put more services on v6, which would help solve the actual real blocker.
>
> How do you propose that ARIN do so other than by making it easier/cheaper to get IPv6 space for those services?

That was exactly what I proposed. But not "free if you want v6" but "reduction in other fees if you deploy v6".

We don't have to solve the first problem listed above, but until my v6 only machines can realistically browse more than a few select sites…

--
Jo Rhett