[ARIN-consult] discounting registration fees for IPv6 assignments

Jo Rhett jrhett at netconsonance.com
Wed Oct 31 14:16:56 EDT 2012

On Oct 31, 2012, at 5:45 AM, Michael Richardson wrote:
> (If people are worried about DFZ routing slots, then find a way to write
> olicy to discourage the piles of IPv4/24s that pollute the table)

Impossible. For what it's worth, I could stop advertising large amounts of /24s if I could advertise the actual necessary space /27 or /26. But since /24 is the smallest routable space, that's what I route. Do you want to give me a /22 and have me waste even more space?

These are all default free sites with more than 5 peers, and often with private peering direct to specific networks.

--
Jo Rhett