[ARIN-consult] [arin-announce] Fee Schedule Change Consultation

Michael Richardson mcr+arin at sandelman.ca
Mon Oct 29 16:23:27 EDT 2012

I am pleased to see new lower fees for XX-Small.
However, I continue to see that ARIN continues to get in the way of
innovative usage of IPV6 by tying IPv6 allocations to the cost of IPv4
allocations.

I suggest a new End-User assignment size of XXX-v6only (well, maybe a bad name)
which would be for a /48 or smaller only, and no IPv4 space at all.
My goal is to get the cost of this down far enough that it becomes a
no-brainer for a low-level engineering manager to just expense.

    ARIN> Please view the proposed fee schedule at:
    ARIN> https://www.arin.net/fees/proposed_fee_schedule.html
    ARIN> In addition, a presentation was given on this proposed fee schedule today,