[ARIN-consult] Fee restructuring

Brian Johnson bjohnson at drtel.com
Fri Nov 2 14:57:14 EDT 2012

HE can help you out with the proved who doesn't have IPv6 deployed: http://tunnelbroker.net/

> On the third, I'm blocked solely because the ARIN cost of IPv6 is not
> justifiable.
>
> I don't mean "too much." I mean not justifiable: If I deploy it now, I
> won't gain $1200 of benefit in the next 12 months. I won't gain $600
> of benefit either. Or even $100 of benefit. Not this year. The same
> money buys be a better router, another server, spare budget for
> replacement parts, something from which I will derive benefit. This
> year.

How does the organization afford it's other expenses to support the network connectivity and the like? If donated, perhaps the same organization would be willing to provide a donation for the ARIN fees. It would likely be a fraction of the losses from the donation of the network access. ;)

> If I could deploy cost-neutral, I'd do it. I can't, so I'll wait until
> the short-term benefit is much closer to the short-term cost.
>
> Regards,
> Bill Herrin

- Brian J