[ARIN-consult] Consultation Publication of Transferred Prefixes

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Tue Sep 6 22:43:02 EDT 2011

On Sep 6, 2011, at 6:58 PM, Scott Leibrand wrote:

> On Sep 6, 2011, at 6:51 PM, Owen DeLong <owen at delong.com> wrote:
>

>> On Sep 6, 2011, at 5:25 PM, Azinger, Marla wrote:
>>>
>>> -I believe the community has decided that everyone has the right to see WHOIS data.  Why do they have the right to have transfer details packaged up neatly?
>>
>> 1.	Since who-was is not yet available, the details are not currently researchable except by non-scalable individual request of the ARIN staff.
>
> To explicitly state the inverse, I believe that implementation of a who-was service could also be a good way to meet the need here (depending on implementation details).
>
> -Scott

I think who-was would make it at least possible to research the requested data, but, it would certainly be much less convenient.

Likely, if this does not succeed and we end up with a who-was service instead, I will research automating the required research and publishing the requested list. It will be much easier for ARIN to do it than for me to reverse-engineer it, but, yes, at least it would be achievable.

Owen