[ARIN-consult] Consultation Publication of Transferred Prefixes

Scott Leibrand scottleibrand at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 21:58:00 EDT 2011

On Sep 6, 2011, at 6:51 PM, Owen DeLong <owen at delong.com> wrote:

On Sep 6, 2011, at 5:25 PM, Azinger, Marla wrote:

-I believe the community has decided that everyone has the right to see
WHOIS data.  Why do they have the right to have transfer details packaged up
neatly?

1. Since who-was is not yet available, the details are not currently
researchable except by non-scalable individual request of the ARIN staff.

To explicitly state the inverse, I believe that implementation of a who-was
service could also be a good way to meet the need here (depending on
implementation details).

-Scott