[consult] re Community Consultation - Daily Publication of IP

Cliff Bedore cliffb at cjbsys.bdb.com
Thu Mar 27 08:47:28 EDT 2008

I'm not an ISP or any such but I would think that having the info
published would outweigh not publishing.

If in fact, people start advertising available addresses that they don't
have permission to use, at least they won't have messed up an existing
address block by "stealing" it.

ISPs should be able to look at the list and see if spammers/??? have
stolen an address block.  (I guess you can do this within the current
ARIN lookup also.)  I don't know enough about routing/routing tables to
know if this info could be used to filter "bad" addresses but that might
be useful.

If 2008-2 passes, this list would be valuable to those seeking address
space.  They could look and immediately tell if they can go to ARIN or
will need to go to the "market"

I guess in general I think openness is good.

Cliff