[consult] "Removal of WHOIS Query Result Limit" revisited

Heather Skanks heather.skanks at verizonbusiness.com
Fri Mar 23 16:30:20 EDT 2007

I'm not going to comment on everything.. but wanted to get this in while
folks were still around for the day.

regarding #3 - yeah, even raising it a little bit would be helpful.
Double it, triple it.. find a way to log how many queries hit the limit,
review the number of responses those queries would have returned and you
have a place to start.

Regarding this bit:

> I have a question...if the output of this consultation is to generate
> a policy proposal, will this have to wait for the October meeting as
> it is close to the April meeting already?  And, who is going to be
> the stuckee to generate it?

The output of this consultation is *not* to generate a policy proposal.
The consultation and suggestion process was developed specfically to
handle things regarding ARIN services and practices ... not related to
addressing and number resource policies.

http://www.arin.net/about_us/corp_docs/acsp.html

The end result of this process is not something that will be added to
the Number Resource Policy Manual (NRPM)  -- but rather will change how
ARIN staff/services function operationally.

That said, there doesn't seem to be anything that specifically prohibits
an item from being discussed at an in person meeting.  ARIN is seeking
input from the community on this item and has chosen to do so by using
the consult mailing list.  At the conclusion of the consultation period,
the Board or President may make a final decision, or in special
circumstances, "determine that a vote by the members of ARIN is useful or
appropriate"

--Heather