[consult] Feature request: whois incorporating an rwhois sub-query

R. Scott Evans evans at seidata.com
Mon Jul 23 14:35:08 EDT 2007

I would love to see an rwhois referral query incorporated into the
default results or with an additional switch.  I know it could be
(and possibly already is) incorporated into different whois clients,
but in the past I have come across some rwhois servers that flat out
didn't permit me to query them no matter when or where I queried them
from.  I suspect they permitted access to ARIN and no one else.  By
having the ARIN servers perform the rwhois query to the referral
server and then appending it along with the current ARIN whois
response it would lessen "selective" hearing.  As an added bonus, it
would reduce 1 additional step for the end user.

Per the suggestion process on the ASCP webpage, I'm blindly proposing
a time frame of a year but as this is not backed by anyone else yet I
do not feel it is appropriate for me to request a time frame.

--
R. Scott Evans
Network Operations Manager