[arin-announce] ARIN 47 Registration Now Open

ARIN info at arin.net
Wed Mar 17 13:19:38 EDT 2021

Registration is now open for the ARIN 47 Public Policy and Members Meeting, which will be held entirely online from 12-14 April at 12:00 – 3:00 PM ET each day. ARIN is holding this Public Policy and Members Meeting so that attendees may gather virtually to discuss draft Internet number resource policies and learn more about ARIN services and operations.

During ARIN 47, the ARIN Advisory Council will be seeking your feedback on the following policies:

- Adopted Policy ARIN-2020-2: Reinstatement of Organizations Removed from Waitlist by Implementation of ARIN-2019-16
- Draft Policy ARIN-2020-6: Allowance for IPv4 Allocation “Swap” Transactions via 8.3 Specified Transfers and 8.4 Inter-RIR Transfers
- Recommended Draft Policy ARIN-2020-7: 4.4 gTLD Micro-allocation Clarification
- Draft Policy ARIN-2020-8: Clarify and Update 4.2.1.2 Annual Renewal Fee
- Draft Policy ARIN-2020-10: Removal of Requirement to Demonstrate Utilization of Reassignments and Reallocations for ISPs Seeking Initial Allocation from ARIN
- Draft Policy ARIN-2020-11: Replace the Image in Section 2 With a Textual Description
- Draft Policy ARIN-2021-1: ASN Clarifications to Sections 2, 8 and 10

All draft policy text is available at:

https://www.arin.net/participate/policy/drafts/

We will be featuring a keynote presentation from Dave Monnier, Team Cymru Fellow at Team Cymru, Inc. titled “A Day in Internet Miscreancy: Why Security Policy and Practice Matter.” ARIN would like to thank Team Cymru for its Bronze Sponsorship of ARIN 47.

We will also hold a panel discussion titled “IPv4 Transfer Market Trends.”

Register today by visiting:

https://www.arin.net/ARIN47

You only have to register once to attend any and all meeting dates. We recently switched event registration systems, so when registering for the meeting, make note of the password you use to complete your registration. You will need this password to access the virtual meeting on the meeting days!

A link to access the virtual meeting will be emailed to all registered attendees in the days leading up to 12 April. This same link will be used for all three meeting days.

Don’t forget to save the date for the ARIN 47 Newcomer Orientation and Policy Preview! All registrants will be invited to participate in an optional Newcomer Orientation and Policy Preview on 8 April. We welcome all first-time ARIN meeting attendees to come learn about ARIN and find out how to make the most of your meeting experience.

Just like our last two virtual meetings, ARIN 47 will be held via Zoom. We will provide the same remote participation options for ARIN 47 that we usually do for our in-person Public Policy and Members Meetings, utilizing features inside the Zoom webinar platform. The meeting will also be webcast with a live transcript for unregistered viewing.

Registration is free, and all remote registrants will be listed as registered participants on the meeting website and in the archive of the meeting on the ARIN website. You must register for the meeting in order to submit comments and questions and vote in straw polls. The ARIN 47 chat in the Zoom webinar will be monitored to ensure that all participants adhere to the ARIN Participants Expected Standards of Behavior:

https://www.arin.net/about/corporate/standards/

If you have any questions, please email us at meetings at arin.net.