[arin-announce] What Questions Do You Have for Candidates in the 2020 ARIN Elections?

ARIN info at arin.net
Tue Sep 22 11:01:59 EDT 2020

As we prepare for ARIN Elections to get underway from 23 October through
30 October, we are asking the community to take part by submitting your
own questions to be answered at Candidate Forums for this year’s
candidates for the Board of Trustees and Advisory Council.

On Friday, 23 October, during the virtual ARIN 46 Members Meeting, there
will be a Board of Trustees Candidate Forum held from 12:30 – 1:00 PM
EDT and an Advisory Council Candidate Forum held from 1:30 – 2:15 PM
EDT. During these sessions, candidates will have the opportunity to
answer selected questions received from you, the community. That means
this is your chance to hear straight from the candidates on the issues
that most directly affect you and your business!

Do you have a question you’d like the Board of Trustees or Advisory
Council candidates to answer? Submit your question(s) anonymously using
our online form. You may submit as many questions as you like:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2020CandidateQuestions

Submissions will be accepted through 5PM EDT on Friday, 2 October. At
that time, ARIN staff will compile all questions that meet our Mailing
List AUP and Standards of Conduct and share them with the community. The
community will be asked to rank the questions in their order of
importance or interest. During the sessions at ARIN 46, a moderator will
select from the ranked questions and ask each candidate to answer the
selected questions. Note that there will be no questions taken from the
audience – all questions will be chosen in advance, so make sure to
submit your questions now!

As a reminder, the Initial Slate of Candidates was announced on 9
September. Before you submit your questions, you may want to review this
slate to refresh yourself on the candidates, their backgrounds, and
views on issues already covered in the candidate questionnaire:

https://www.arin.net/announcements/20200909_initialslate/

It is our hope that these sessions give you, the voter, a better
understanding of where each candidate falls on the issues that matter
most to you. We believe this will help all of our voters make a more
informed decision when it comes time to cast their ballots during the
week of elections.

If you have any questions about the elections or the Candidate Forums,
please contact us at members at arin.net. We look forward to receiving your
questions!

Regards,

John Curran