[arin-announce] ASO AC Calls For Nominations for Seat 9 on the ICANN Board of Directors
info at arin.net
Tue Sep 15 07:54:47 EDT 2020
The following message is sent on behalf of the Address Supporting
In line with the ICANN Address Supporting Organization (ASO) Memorandum
of Understanding (MoU) and the ICANN Bylaws, the Address
Supporting Organization Address Council (ASO AC) has issued a call for
nominations for Seat 9 of the ICANN Board of Directors:
The selected candidate will serve for a three-year term, which will
begin at the conclusion of the ICANN Annual General Assembly at the
ICANN 72 Meeting, scheduled from 23-28 October 2021 in Seattle, USA.
All nominated candidates must meet the selection criteria and conflict
of interest requirements as outlined in Article 7 of the ICANN Bylaws.
The nominated candidates will undergo a due diligence review by an
independent ICANN contractor.
Community members are invited to submit nominations by email to
nominations [at] aso [dot] icann [dot] org by Sunday, 15 November 2020
at 23:59 UTC.
Nominations must include the following information:
- The full name of the person being nominated
- Contact email address of the person being nominated
- Contact telephone number of the person being nominated
- The full name of the person making the nomination
- Contact email address for the person making the nomination
- Contact telephone number of the person making the nomination
The ICANN Bylaws state that the Directors selected by a Supporting
Organization (SO) for its assigned Board seat(s) cannot reside in the
same geographic region (see Section 7.2:c). The current ASO AC
for Seat 10, Maemura Akinori, resides in the APNIC region.
nominations for Seat 9 can be accepted from candidates residing in the
- Nomination Phase: 15 September 2020 – 15 November 2020
- Comment Phase: 21 December 2020 – 17 January 2021
- ICANN Due Diligence for nominated candidates
- Interview Phase: 25 January 2021 – 30 March 2021
- Selection Phase (deliberation): 1 – 16 April 2021
- Selection Phase (voting): 19 – 25 April 2021
- Announcement of selected candidate: around 30 April 2021
More information and updated announcements will be added to to the
dedicated 2021 Seat 9 elections page on the ASO website:
Detailed procedures for election of individuals to the ICANN Board of
Directors by the ASO AC can be found in Section 9 of the ASO AC
If you have any questions about the elections or the election process,
please contact secretariat [at] nro [dot] net.
 Address Supporting Organization (ASO) Memorandum of
 ICANN Bylaws:
More information about the ARIN-announce