[arin-announce] Reminder: Servers Available to Test Upcoming SWIP Changes

ARIN info at arin.net
Wed Mar 18 15:24:36 EDT 2020

As a reminder, to help you prepare for our community-driven policy
changes scheduled to take place the week of 30 March 2020, we have
provided special servers in our Operational Test and Evaluation (OT&E)
Environment. If you are an ISP who performs Detailed Reassignments or
Reallocations of IP addresses to customers, we recommend that you use
these servers to test the configuration changes that you will need to
make as a result of the policy changes.

With the changes to our system, you will no longer be able to create
POCs or Org IDs for your downstream customers when using the Detailed
Reassignment or Reallocation methods of SWIP. The policies establish
that POCs and Org IDs shall only be created by the individual or entity
represented by the organization. Currently, about 50 percent of the
Detailed Reassignment and Reallocation requests submitted create POCs
and Org IDs. After the policy implementation the week of 30 March 2020,
all of these SWIPs will fail to process.

To test RESTful calls using the OT&E server, modify your RESTful
commands to use the URL reg-swip.ote.arin.net in place of reg.arin.net.
Documentation for RESTful commands can be found here:
https://www.arin.net/resources/manage/regrws/

To try out the reassignment and reallocation changes in ARIN Online,
access the OT&E server at https://account-swip.ote.arin.net/public/login
and navigate to IP Addresses > Reassign Addresses to begin testing.

For more information on the policy changes, visit:
https://www.arin.net/announcements/20200210_policychanges/