[arin-announce] ACSP Consultation: Deleting Aged Report Request Tickets

ARIN info at arin.net
Wed Jun 26 13:51:03 EDT 2019

Since the launch of ARIN Online, we have been in the practice of
retaining all customer tickets, and this includes ticketed requests for
reports of the following types:

     * Associations reports
     * WhoWas reports
     * Reassignment reports
     * User Reassignment reports

After eleven years, we have well over a million such report tickets that
we believe should be deleted from our systems in order to improve system
performance, and to improve the customer experience by clearing
unnecessary clutter from report tickets in the ticket history. It is our
intention to move forward with deleting the report tickets of the above
types (and associated reports) that are over 90-days old, and to change
our ticket retention policy so that these types of tickets requesting
reporting will expire and be deleted after 90 days going forward.

We plan to notify all users who have tickets that will be deleted in
advance of this action in case they wish to download any of these old
reports. We will also be updating our ticket messaging to inform
customers that these reports are subject to expiration and that they
should download any report that they wish to keep for more than 90 days.

Because this is a significant change to our business practices, we are
opening this community consultation to solicit feedback prior to
implementation.

Please provide comments to arin-consult at arin.net. You can subscribe to
this mailing list at: