[arin-announce] ASO AC Calls For Nominations for Seat 10 on the ICANN Board of Directors
info at arin.net
Fri Sep 21 11:38:12 EDT 2018
This message is forwarded to the ARIN community on behalf of the Number
Resource Organization (NRO):
In line with the ICANN Address Supporting Organization (ASO) Memorandum
of Understanding (MoU) and the ICANN Bylaws, the Address Supporting
Organization Address Council (ASO AC) has issued a call for nominations
for Seat 10 of the ICANN Board of Directors.
The selected candidate will serve for a three-year term, which will
begin at the conclusion of the ICANN Annual General Assembly during the
ICANN 66 Meeting, scheduled from 2-7 November 2019 in Montréal, Canada.
All nominated candidates must meet the selection criteria and conflict
of interest requirements as outlined in Article 7 of the ICANN Bylaws.
The nominated candidates will undergo a due diligence review by an
independent ICANN contractor.
Community members are invited to submit nominations by email to
nominations aso.icann.org by Friday, 30 November 2018 at 23:59 UTC.
Nominations must include the following information:
* The full name of the person being nominated.
* Contact email address of the person being nominated.
* Contact telephone number (if available) of the person being
* The full name of the person making the nomination.
* Contact email address for the person making the nomination.
* Contact telephone number of the person making the nomination.
The ICANN Bylaws state that the Directors selected by a Supporting
Organization (SO) for its assigned Board seat(s) cannot reside in the
same geographic region (see Section 7.2:c). The current ASO AC selection
for Seat 9, Ron da Silva, resides in the ARIN region. Therefore, no
nominations for Seat 10 can be accepted from candidates residing in the
* Nomination Phase: 15 September 2018 – 30 November 2018
* Comment Phase: 1 December 2018 – 15 January 2019
* ICANN Due Diligence for nominated candidates: 1 – 15 January 2019
* Interview Phase: 1 – 28 February 2019
* Selection Phase (deliberation): 1 February 2019 – 14 March 2019
* Selection Phase (voting): 15 – 21 March 2019
* Announcement of selected candidate: around 22 March 2019
* More information and updated announcements will be added to to
the dedicated 2018/19 Seat 10 elections page on the ASO website.
* Detailed procedures for election of individuals to the ICANN
Board of Directors by the ASO AC can be found in Section 9 of the ASO AC
If you have any questions about the elections or the election process,
please contact secretariat.nro.net.
More information about the ARIN-announce