[arin-announce] Reminder: ICANN Board Nomination Closing Soon
info at arin.net
Tue Dec 5 09:13:11 EST 2017
This message is being shared on behalf of the Number Resource
The Address Supporting Organization Address Council’s (ASO AC) call for
nominations for Seat 9 on the ICANN Board will close at 23:59 UTC on
Sunday, 17 December 2017.
Community members are invited to submit nominations by email to
nominations at aso.icann.org by Sunday,17 December 2017 at 23:59 UTC.
Nominations must include the following information:
* The full name of the person being nominated
* Contact email address for the person being nominated
* Contact telephone number (if available) of the person being nominated
* The full name of the person making the nomination
* Contact email address for the person making the nomination
* Contact telephone number of the person making the nomination
Procedures for election of individuals to the ICANN Board of Directors
by the ASO AC can be found in section 9 of the ASO Operating Procedures.
The ICANN Bylaws state “no two Directors selected by a Supporting
Organization shall be citizens from the same country or of countries
located in the same Geographic Region.” (see section 7.2:c). The current
ASO AC selection for Seat 10, Akinori Maemura, resides in the APNIC
region. Therefore, no nominations for Seat 9 will be accepted from
candidates residing in the APNIC region.
All nominated candidates must meet the selection criteria and conflict
of interest requirements as outlined in Article 7 of the ICANN Bylaws.
The selected candidate will undergo an independent due diligence review
by an ICANN contractor, and announcement of the candidate will follow
once this review has been successfully completed.
* Nomination Phase: 2 October 2017 – 17 December 2017
* Comment Phase: 18 December 2017 – 18 March 2018
* Interview Phase: 17 January 2018 – 18 March 2018
* Selection Phase: 19 March 2018 – 18 April 2018
* Due Diligence Review: 19 April 2018 – 17 May 2018
* Announcement: Around 19 May 2018
All phases will conclude at 23:59 UTC on the date specified.
For further information and updated announcements on the election
process, please see the 2017 ICANN Board Election page:
If you have any questions about the elections or the election process,
please contact secretariat at nro.net.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the ARIN-announce