[arin-announce] Initial Slate of Advisory Council Candidates Announced - Petition Period Now Open

ARIN info at arin.net
Fri Sep 4 11:32:19 EDT 2015

Elections for five seats on the ARIN Advisory Council (AC) will be held
online from 8 - 16 October, as the current terms of AC members Dan
Alexander, David Huberman, Heather Schiller, Robert Seastrom, and John
Springer will conclude on 31 December 2015.

The following candidates have been put forward by the Nomination
Committee and agree to run for a position (with three-year term starting
in 2016) on the Advisory Council:

    *  Dan Alexander, Comcast Cable
    *  Joshua Breeds, ServedBy the Net, LLC
    *  David Huberman, Microsoft
    *  Adrian Johnson, Line Systems
    *  Amy Beth Potter, Hilco Streambank
    *  Robert Seastrom, Time Warner Cable
    *  John Springer, Inland Telephone Company

A compilation of AC candidate biographies and questionnaire responses is
available in PDF format at:
https://www.arin.net/participate/elections/candidate_bios.pdf

Nominations for the Board of Trustees have been reopened.  We will
announce the initial slate of Board candidates next week, at which time
we will open Statements of Support for both the AC and Board candidates.

Please contact ARIN's Communications and Member Services Department at
info at arin.net if you have any questions.

Call for Petitions

Any individual, regardless of membership status, may be placed on the
ballot for election to the Advisory Council if they successfully
complete the ARIN petition process. (ARIN bylaws, Article VIII, Section
2.b.)

Petition requests must be submitted by 11 September 2015. In order for
the candidate to be placed on the ballot, a petition must obtain the
support of at least 89 eligible Voting Contacts from General Members in
Good Standing (two percent of eligible voters as of 20 July 2015 when
nominations opened) by 25 September 2015. Details about the petition
process are available at:
https://www.arin.net/participate/elections/elec_procedures.html#petition

If you are interested in submitting a petition to run for the ARIN
Advisory Council, please send an email to info at arin.net with your name,
phone number, and organization affiliation.

ARIN will announce the final slate of candidates for the ARIN Advisory
Council on 28 September.

Congratulations and good luck to all of the candidates; we appreciate
your willingness to take an active role in guiding the future of the
Internet. We also extend our thanks to all Voting Contacts for
fulfilling this important role. Casting a ballot on behalf of your
organization is an important demonstration of your support for the
community-driven, Regional Internet Registry system.

Regards,

John Curran
President and CEO