[arin-announce] ATTENTION: Important Changes Coming to the Way You Do Business with ARIN

ARIN info at arin.net
Wed Jan 26 14:04:07 EST 2011

Changes are coming at the end of March that will impact communication
with ARIN's Registration Services. These new systems will improve the
customer experience and greatly increase the level of automation used to
process requests and manage resources.  ARIN has made a series of
announcements about pending changes to templates, the new delegation
management model, and the addition of API keys. These changes will
impact each and every customer, and if you don't prepare, your template
submissions will be rejected by the new system. There are many steps you
can take to be ready for these changes, and I strongly encourage you to
take advantage of the opportunity to prepare in advance.

The first step is to set up an ARIN Online account if you have not yet
done so; this is a great opportunity to make sure all the information on
your Point of Contact and Organization records is current. The next step
will be to set up an API Key. If you already have your account
established, take a minute to log in and create your API key. There are
a couple of ways that API keys will be used; refer to
https://www.arin.net/features/api_keys.html for details. You will also
want to familiarize yourself with the updated and soon to be released,
Version 5 templates. These templates include the API key fields, and may
be previewed at: https://www.arin.net/features/template_changes.html

The new templates will be released at the same time ARIN changes systems
in order to support per-delegation management of nameservers and
provision secure delegations through Domain Name System Security
Extensions (DNSSEC). This new delegation management system will be
available through ARIN Online only. We hope to have a demo of this new
functionality available soon for you to preview.

I encourage you to learn more about all of the projects in development;
details are available at:

https://www.arin.net/features/

If you have further questions about these template changes or other
upcoming features, please email hostmaster at arin.net.

Regards,

John Curran
President and CEO