[arin-announce] Changes at GetIPv6.info

ARIN info at arin.net
Mon Nov 29 15:53:30 EST 2010

ARIN made available a public wiki site focused exclusively on IPv6 in
May 2007 at http://getipv6.info. In the time since that release, there
have been hundreds of contributions made by many active participants in
our community. To help facilitate this on-going effort to expand and
share knowledge on IPv6, ARIN recently shifted the content on the
website into more intuitive groups and to outline some new areas where
we believe additional information would be helpful to the large and
diverse community we serve.

While much of the content has been simply regrouped and remains
unchanged, we hope these new categories and the reorganized home page
assist the community in sharing knowledge and getting the right answers
to those most in need.

All interested individuals in the community are invited to use the site,
at http://www.getipv6.info, to post information they believe may be
helpful to others looking at implementations or migrations of networks
to IPv6. This can include recommended practices, success stories, case
studies, and general information on using IPv6 in the ARIN region.

Those unfamiliar with wiki-based websites should review the MediaWiki
User's Guide at http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/MediaWiki_User's_Guide
before getting started. ARIN staff involvement is generally limited to
assisting or organizing navigation and highlighting specific content
articles or categories. Individuals with questions or suggestions about
this site may send them to webmaster at arin.net.

As the Internet comes closer to the eventual end of the global IPv4
address pool, the need for the type of information on this site will
grow as the immediate need for IPv6 deployment is more broadly
recognized. Whether you're someone with IPv6 expertise to share or just
someone looking for answers, we hope these recent changes help you
accomplish your goal.

Regards,

Communications and Member Services