[arin-announce] ARIN Names New President and CEO

Member Services info at arin.net
Mon Jul 6 09:00:31 EDT 2009

The American Registry for Internet Numbers (ARIN) today announced John
Curran as president and chief executive officer, effective 1 July 2009.
Mr. Curran will be responsible for building relationships with regional,
international, governmental, and regulatory organizations, as well as
spearheading education and awareness on issues facing the Internet
community such as IPv4 depletion and IPv6 adoption.

Since 1 January 2009, Mr. Curran has served as acting president and CEO
of ARIN. He is a founding member of the ARIN Board of Trustees and
served as chairman from August 1997 to December 2008.

“John is the perfect person for the job. His unparalleled knowledge of
ARIN and the Internet industry, along with his extensive business
experience is the best possible combination to allow ARIN to meet the
changing needs of the Internet community,” said Paul Vixie, Chairman of
ARIN's Board of Trustees. “We are excited that he has agreed to come
aboard full time to lead the organization and direct ARIN’s important
registry, educational and policy initiatives during this critical time
for the industry.”

Mr. Curran’s experience includes serving as CTO and COO for ServerVault,
which provides highly secure, fully managed infrastructure solutions for
sensitive federal government and commercial applications. Prior to this,
he was CTO for XO Communications, and was integral in leading the
organization's technical initiatives, network architecture, and design
of leading-edge capabilities built into the company's nationwide
network. Mr. Curran also served as CTO for BBN/GTE Internetworking,
where he was responsible for the organization’s strategic technology
direction. He led BBN's technical evolution from one of the earliest
Internet Service Providers through its growth and eventual acquisition
by GTE. He has also been an active participant in the Internet
Engineering Task Force (IETF), having both co-chaired the IETF
Operations and Network Management Area and served as a member of the
IPng (IPv6) Directorate.

“ARIN performs a vital task in responsibly managing Internet number
resources such as IPv4 and IPv6 addresses, and I am excited to have the
opportunity to expand my role in the organization,” said Curran. “I look
forward to working with the ARIN staff, members, and Internet community
at large during such a significant time in Internet history.”

Regards,

Member Services