[arin-announce] December 22, 2007 is ARIN’s 10th Anniversary!

Member Services info at arin.net
Fri Dec 21 09:10:06 EST 2007

Over the last decade ARIN has endeavored to fulfill its mission:

“Applying the principles of stewardship, ARIN, a nonprofit corporation,
allocates Internet Protocol resources; develops consensus-based
policies; and facilitates the advancement of the Internet through
information and educational outreach.”

Our achievements are numerous.  As an organization we have:
*   Issued 18,500 ASNs
*   Registered 300 million IPv4 addresses
*   Processed 7.5 billion WHOIS queries
*   Registered 2.63038 X 1031 IPv6 addresses

And as a community we have:
*   Made 9,250 posts to the Public Policy Mailing List
*   Discussed 95 Public Policy Submissions
*   Held 20 Member Meetings and 17 Public Policy meetings

Every day, as an organization and a community, we build on the
foundations laid by John Postel and the efforts of so many others. The
result is not only a system to delegate Internet number resources, but a
bottom-up, open, and transparent framework for number resource policy.
All of this is accomplished under the governance of an executive board
elected by ARIN members with the support of a dedicated professional
staff, an elected Advisory Council, and an involved community.

To see the special multimedia presentation we've created to help
celebrate this anniversary, please see the website version of this
announcement at:
http://www.arin.net/announcements/20071221.html

ARIN is moving forward into its second decade with a continued
commitment to service, and the principles the Internet was founded on:
openness, transparency, and community self-governance.

Regards,

Raymond A. Plzak
President and CEO