[arin-announce] ARIN Offers New Core Service Over IPv6

Member Services info at arin.net
Thu Dec 13 11:48:28 EST 2007

Starting 13 December 2007, ARIN will begin publishing an AAAA record in
DNS for whois.arin.net.  With this addition, ARIN will have four
services available over IPv6 transport:
* DNS,
* FTP,
* Web,
* and WHOIS.

The new WHOIS service is experimental, and may suffer occasional outages
and slower response times than the current service over IPv4.  We are
excited to make another core service available to the community over
IPv6, and we are working to make this a production quality service in
the near future.

Regards,

Mark Kosters
Chief Technical Officer