Things that need to be addressed

Hilarie Orman HORMAN at novell.com
Tue Nov 7 16:49:56 EST 2000

ARIN certainly can base its policies on the actions of other organizations.
Further, to be responsible in gathering public commentary, we should
make every effort to engage those other organizations in the discussion.
I encourage those who have taken the trouble to join this list to contact
the organizations involved an invite them to look at the issue and
consider offer their commentary.

Hilarie Orman

>>> "Alec H. Peterson" <ahp at hilander.com> 11/06/00 04:35PM >>>

ARIN simply cannot base its allocation policies on the actions of other
organizations.  While many people (including myself) will readily
acknowledge the issues raised above, they cannot be used as reasons in and
of themselves for us preventing a policy allocaiton.  As I said before, we
need to list the issues that will be raised, and see what we can do to
address them.  Simply stating that they exist as a reason for not using
name-based hosting is not enough.