[Services-wg] Fwd: CKN23-ARIN thread

Matt Peterson matt at peterson.org
Fri Sep 2 15:43:28 EDT 2016

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Leslie Nobile <leslien at arin.net>
Date: Thu, Aug 25, 2016 at 1:58 PM
Subject: Re: [Services-wg] CKN23-ARIN thread
To: Matt Peterson <matt at peterson.org>, "services-wg at arin.net" <
services-wg at arin.net>

Hi Matt-

Last modified does not mean last validated.  Example: ABC123-ARIN validated
her POC handle 5/1/2016.  This validation would have updated the last
modified date in Whois as 5/1/2016.  Her phone number changed, so she
modified the POC handle on 8/1/2016. The last modified date would now be
8/1/2016 based on the update to the phone number.  We don’t separately
track last validation date, so there’s no way to get that currently.

Just as an FYI, we are working on enhancements to the entire POC validation
process over the next few months and being able to track the actual POC
validation date is one of the things I would like to add to our project
planning.

Leslie