transfer policy

Jason Redisch jredisch at virtela.com
Thu May 11 23:22:34 EDT 2000

John,

	Being able to distinguish known ISP to ISP transfers that both have an ARIN
history vs. all other transfers has an advantage on its own by allowing ARIN
to dedicate more resources to unknown transfers.

	Other than that both MCI and C&W had already justified their address space
to ARIN. During the transfer you had to show legal transfer and rejustify
both ISP's address space even though both were already ARIN members.  You
also had a history of coming back to ARIN for IP space so if the
justification was not completed then it is not like you would disappear off
the face of the Earth.   I see no reason why we as a community need to waste
your resources and ARIN's re-justifying both of the address pools in a
merger like the one you went through.

	It is not a question of putting off something that needs to be justified.
It is a question of spending time going through two justifications or just
one.

-Jason