FW: Long over due

Kim Hubbard kimh at arin.net
Wed May 10 14:40:39 EDT 2000

At 12:01 PM 5/10/00 -0600, Jason Redisch wrote:
>Thanks Danny,

>	What I am proposing is that if both companies involved in a merger are
>registered ARIN ISP's that have a history with ARIN, then the justification
>of the transfer between the two maintainer ID's should be included with the
>justification the next time an ISP has to go back for more IP space.  This
>way the ISP's can focus on the mergers and ARIN can focus more energy on
>transfers between entities without a history.

Wouldn't this slow down the process for requesting more addresses?
Usually, when an ISP is requesting more addresses they're in a bigger time
crunch than when they're asking for a transfer.

Perhaps asking for utilization of the addresses isn't required as long as
the legal documention looks good.

The ISPs that have a history with ARIN isn't as big a problem (from out
viewpoint) as those orgs that we've never heard of and will never hear of
again.

Kim