ARIN /8s ?

David R. Conrad davidc at APNIC.NET
Sun Jun 29 20:05:48 EDT 1997

[Oops, syntax error in my procmailrc let some silliness through.
Bloody terminal noise configuration files]

>P.S. You claim that Jon Postel owns all of the IP
>addresses. Can you tell me when he bought them ?

Jimmy, I'm beginning to think you've developed anti-clues -- your
existance actually results in an actual decrease in absolute clue
level (instead of merely decreasing clue density).

I know this is pointless as the concepts appear to be beyond you, but
think of it this way: the IANA (not Jon Postel) picked one set of 32
bit unsigned integers from the infinite number of possible sets.  The
people who built the Internet decided to use that set to define "end
point identifiers/locators".  The value imparted to addresses is
derived from the fact that everyone agrees to use the same set of 32
bit unsigned integers -- it is inherited value.  If such value does
exist, it would be equivalent to staking a claim on wasteland then
finding gold.

Nothing is stopping you or anyone from doing the same as the IANA,
however it is a bit doubtful that anyone will agree to use your set of
32 bit unsigned integers.

So exactly what galaxy (stargate?) did you come up with the idea that
the IANA had to buy addresses?

Regards,
-drc

P.S. Why do you insist on including full whois records?  Do you do it
just to prove to others you know how to use whois?