The latest

Jeff Williams jwkckid1 at ix.netcom.com
Fri Jun 27 10:21:54 EDT 1997

Jim and all,

Jim Fleming wrote:

> On Friday, June 27, 1997 8:21 AM, Jeff Williams[SMTP:jwkckid1 at ix.netcom.com] wrote:
> <snip>
> @ > No one has ever said that the allocation decision process will change with
> @ > the formation of ARIN.  However, since ARIN will be goverened by its
> @ > members there is greater opportunity for change.
> @
> @   How true.  But doesn't this just about amount to the same thing?
> @ Sience ARIN will be governed by it's members, that it will be
> @ THEIR dicision if there is need for change in procedures, right?
> @ Hence there is a liklyhood that there will be some change.
> @ >
>
> Judging from the lack of participation in these open
> forums by the proposed ARIN Board and other people
> that are supposedly organizing ARIN, I would say there
> is little chance for change.

> All of the decisions appear to be made behind closed
> doors....

  Hence my comment.  >;)  I hope they find it prudent
to have an open format of decisions they are considering
however.  This would give them an opertunity to be better
accepted and possibly offer some suggestions that they
may find useful.  Never want to make decisions in a
vacum...  Right?

  But I am for givingthem a chance to get orginized befor
making any hard and fast judgments one way or the other
at this point...  Food for thought?

> --
> Jim Fleming
> Unir Corporation

Jeffrey A. Williams
DIR. Internet Network Eng/SR. Java Development Eng.
Information Eng. Group. IEG. INC.
Phone :913-294-2375 (v-office)
E-Mail jwkckid1 at ix.netcom.com