a 2nd potential solution

Vince Wolodkin wolodkin at digitalink.com
Fri Jul 18 15:01:12 EDT 1997

Like I always say "There are no *new* ideas".  It seems to me that large
providers going together on blocks like this could satisfy business
needs as well.  I could multi-home like I want to if say UUnet and
Sprint went together on a /16 that they then parsed up among smaller
ISPs and businesses.  I mean, then it would just be the two
announcements for the one /16.

Is there any way for the registries to encourage this?  I can't think of
any, though I would think network providers might be interested for
purely a profit motive.

Vince Wolodkin

P.S.  We currently use UUnet here, so I am going to contact them
directly about this.  Any network providers who wish to discuss doing
this please contact me privately.