Which ISPs are Qualified ?

Larry Vaden vaden at texoma.net
Wed Jul 9 17:38:55 EDT 1997

At 03:42 PM 7/9/97 -0400, Paul Ferguson wrote:
>At 03:00 PM 07/09/97 -0400, Vince Wolodkin wrote:
>

>>But when it comes down to it, the reason I cannot be multi-homed is
>>because the big backbone routers are running out of table space.  If
>>this is untrue, why can't I get a routeable /24?
>>

>Oh, we'll build it, but the question is, can the vast number of
>people afford it?

I understand from an informed source that the market is taking care of that
issue:

"There are three companies out there building routers which ought to be able
to forward at OC192 speeds and handle a million routes.  If small providers
get /19's and core routers start to fall over, these companies will probably
come to market faster.  Two of the three are staffed by people I'm in awe of
and I therefore expect the products to actually work."