Who is pagans at texoma.net

Valdis.Kletnieks at VT.EDU Valdis.Kletnieks at VT.EDU
Thu Jul 3 15:42:53 EDT 1997

On Thu, 03 Jul 1997 14:17:22 CDT, Larry Vaden said:
> May I offer in rebuttal the following excerpt from the full email from
> RIPE, which is included below the excerpt for integrity purposes:
>
> "Together with this first assignment we will allocate an amount of
> address space to your registry. To be fair to all registries this
> amount is the same for each new registry. We will allocate a /19 range
> of IP numbers to you. You can announce this prefix to your transit
> provider. But please note that you can not make any assignments from
> this range without approval from the RIPE NCC, as long as your
> Assignment window is 0."

All fine and dandy.  I must be dense, I didn't see where that big long
quote had anything to do with your claim that InterNIC's policies were
discriminatory.  All it proved was that RIPE gave you a /19.  In fact,
they gave you a /19 under the condition that you can't *USE* it without
their prior permission.

Anyhow, you're citing RIPE's policy regarding *registries* in support of
your claim regarding InterNIC's policy regarding address allocation to
startup ISPs.  I remember learning back in grade school that citing
Teacher Jones' grading of Billy's math homework didn't do much good when
you are complaining about Teacher Smith's grading of your English paper....
--
				Valdis Kletnieks
				Computer Systems Senior Engineer