The argument against multiple Registries

Stephen Satchell satchell at ACCUTEK.COM
Mon Feb 24 02:10:03 EST 1997

At 1:11 PM -0700 2/23/97, Jim Fleming wrote:
>This my friend is the heart of the problem....."The ARIN person"....
>
>If that person is white...will blacks receive numbers...?
>If that person is a man...will women receive numbers...?
>If that person is a woman...will men receive numbers...?
>If that person is a Catholic...will Protestants receive numbers...?
>
>...are you getting the picture....???...if not, I can provide a few more...

The "ARIN person" does not work in a vacuum.  If there is discrimination in
the United States and Canada, there is legal recourse on the part of the
spurned.  (Sometimes it's too easy to sue, but that's a discussion for
another place.)  The IEEE and ACM are known for sponsoring equal
opportunity.

I mentioned Kim because of a desirable feature already discussed to death
in this list:  continuity.  Kim has been doing this, so she know the ropes.
The current proposal has her working for the Registry.  I don't have a
problem with this, myself.

---
Stephen Satchell, Satchell Evaluations
http://www.accutek.com/~satchell for contact info
Opinions expressed are my own PERSONAL opinions.