LET'S JUST GO AROUND

Michael Dillon michael at MEMRA.COM
Wed Feb 5 19:25:41 EST 1997

On Wed, 5 Feb 1997, Kent Crispin wrote:

> > some are being bought out. However, the pace of new startups has not
> > slowed and is not likely to slow for a while yet.
>
> Do you have any references or data to support this?

This is based on my own observations within the industry and my own
analysis of the industry and is not based solely on statistics. Currently
the only statistics I know of that are publicly available and anywhere
near being accurate are Boardwatch's survey of North American ISP's.

I'm not an academic so I don't keep a lot of references around. You would
do better to ask this question of academics who study the Internet
industry such as the people at Vanderbilt University.

Memra Software Inc.              -                  Fax: +1-250-546-3049