Reply to MCI question

The Innkeeper the_innkeeper at SOLS.NET
Wed Feb 5 09:56:19 EST 1997

> I'll just take one second to clarify MCI's position.
> If your request is for address space equal to a /18 or more than we refer
> you to the InterNic since our addresses are non-portable and also in
> following Kim's recommendations and RFC 2050. If it is less and you have
> justified your request and you are also following "slow start" IAW RFC
> 2050 then we have no problems allocating address space to any of our
> customers. Thank you.

TKS for the clarification John....But all I needed was a /24 for startup
and was still directed to InterNIC...Maybe a mistake....But am glad you
clirified that for future reference...TKS again

Stephan R. May, Sr., Manager, Southeastern Online System Services
                   http://www.sols.net    the_innkeeper at sols.net
                     VOICE: (304)235-3767   FAX: (304)235-3772
Proud member of the Association of Online Professionals Board of Directors
                                        http://www.aop.org