[dbwg] Org ID question

ginny listman ginny at arin.net
Thu Sep 26 14:04:45 EDT 2002

Barbara,

The registration software will prompt the user (Registration Services)
with a list of Org IDs for matches with the same Org Name, City, State
and Country Code.

However, we do not recommend that you rely on this for several reasons:

1. Since this requires interaction by an IP Analyst, it will not be auto-
processed. If you provide the Org ID, you may reduce your turn around time
to a few hours. Those templates that are not auto-processed will be
manually processed within two business days.

2. There are many downstreams that are multi-homed and may have several
Org IDs associated with each upstream. There is the possibility the IP
Analyst may not be able to determine which Org ID to associate the
resource with, and therefore will create a new one.

3. If there is updated information on the org, for example a new address,
this information will not be updated if the IP Analyst selects an existing
Org ID. Updates of this nature should be submitted on an Org-Simple or
Org-Detailed template.

Ginny Listman
Director of Engineering
ARIN