SWIP Inquiries

John Brzozowski jjbrzozowski at lucent.com
Tue Sep 24 12:15:48 EDT 2002

I have a couple of questions related to SWIP Reporting and was wondering if
someone could help clarify.

1) It seems that the Reallocate and Reassign - Details templates are similar
but clearly not identical.  What exactly is the difference between the two?
Also, if an allocation is performed using one of the above what template is
used to (de/re)allocate or free the allocation space?  I am assuming
Reassign - Simple since neither Reallocate and Reassign - Detail have a
"Registration Action" parameter.  Is this a bad assumption?

2) Reallocate, Reassign - Simple, and Reassign - Details appear to be
versioned.  Can it be assumed that this was done in anticipation of future
versions with changes that correspond to the same?  What level of backward
compatibility will there be with subsequent versions of these templates?
For example, if a 3.0 template is used to perform an allocation today what
template can or should be used to (de/re)allocate at some point in the
future when version a later version of the templates are available?  Will
the original template version be required or will most recent version be
accepted as well?

Thanks,

John Jason Brzozowski
Lucent Technologies