netnames, logic, cust net updates

Einar Bohlin ebohlin at uu.net
Wed Jul 24 18:41:15 EDT 2002

Hi,

With the new templates netnames will no longer need to
be unique.  Are they then required?  Can we put
"customer-net" on each and every reassignment we do?

The following is pretty rare, but can one of our
downstreams still reassign an entire reallocation?  I
mean if we reallocate a /23, can they reallocate or
reassign the /23?  What eliminates the confusion
that might occur with the networks only being
described by the net range?

By the way, we plan to do this:

reallocate to downstream ISPs
reassign-detailed to some customers
reassign simple to many customers
and
netmod to delete all three of the above.

Is this going to work for assigning nets and getting
them back?  I'll beta this, but am I on the right
track here for coding purposes?

We currently have customer nets with one contact.
Often our customers want us to update that contact to
a new one.  Can we do this with the new templates?
How?  Example, if I reallocate a /22 to
a downstream and in the process create an org, and an
org poc, and the org poc is wrong, will I as the
upstream be able to replace the org poc on the org?

Regards,

Einar Bohlin
IP Planning Analyst
WorldCom, Inc.