The future of SWIP

David R Huberman huberman at gblx.net
Wed Jan 31 16:38:54 EST 2001

Hello Ginny,

I can't say I see the merits of either approach, to be honest.

I am 100% against Option 2, in its current form. Education of
downstream customers on using ARIN tools is not a viable option
for larger providers with significant customer bases.

The advantages of Option 1 seem far outweighed by the disadvantages
as you have articulated them. A messier database, with multiple
overlapping objects, is not what we're aiming for.

Personally, I don't see any major problems with SWIP as it is now
conceptually - it simply needs full automation to allow templates
to be processed with immediacy.

Comments/flames welcome.

/david

| Global Crossing IP Engineering |