phone types]

ginny listman ginny at arin.net
Thu Jan 4 11:28:40 EST 2001

Just a repeat of what I said earlier:

We (ARIN) would like to format US/CA phone number in the format of
+1-999-999-9999.  In other words, drop all initial 0's and 1's, and then
there should be 10 digits.  Then format it.  If there is non-digits, they
are lost.  If there are not exactly 10 digits, it's an error.  I should
also mention, extensions would be included on a separate line.  This would
be a free-form line to include up to 10 chars.

As far as non-US/CA numbers, we haven't gotten that far.  (But we will get
there.)

There was some brief discussion as to whether is should be ".", "-" or " "
to separate the numbers.  Do we need to revisit?

Ginny