SWIP netblocks

ginny listman ginny at arin.net
Wed Jan 3 12:56:07 EST 2001

Mike,

If you were allocating 9 ip addresses, my recommendation would be to
allocate the smallest amount of cidr blocks, ie 1 /29 plus 1 /32.  This
would be far better that starting with .1 and winding up with 1 /32, 2 /31
and 1 /30.  I just want to limit the total number of cidr blocks per SWIP.
Although assigning 254 addresses, .1 through .254, conserves 2 addresses,
I'd rather save the room on a routing table and sacrifice the 2 addresses
and not allocate 16 cidr blocks.

Ginny