[ARIN-consult] Reminder on ARIN Consultation on RPKI/BGP

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Wed Feb 14 17:30:00 EST 2024

On Wed, Feb 14, 2024 at 2:14 PM John Curran <jcurran at arin.net> wrote:
> In 2022 we did exactly that by modifying RSA section 7 clause to no longer require disclaiming significant rights
> (e.g. property rights) and instead simply stating that this RSA provides specific rights to the resource holder –
> <https://www.arin.net/announcements/20220912/>

Yeah, but you "forgot" to modify section 13(d) which still says:

"Holder shall have the right to terminate this Agreement at any time
if it returns to ARIN, without limitation, all rights to Included
Number Resources."

And 13(e) which still says:

"if this agreement is terminated, then (i) ARIN will immediately
revoke the Included Number Resources and otherwise cease providing the
Services and will have no liability for doing so."

But hey, congratulations on removing one of at least three disclaimers
to property rights that you asked registrants to agree to.

> (This made big difference to many legacy resource holders, but clearly not everyone…)

I can't imagine why. </sarcasm>

Regards,
Bill Herrin

--