[ARIN-consult] Reminder on ARIN Consultation on RPKI/BGP

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Wed Feb 14 17:14:25 EST 2024

On Feb 14, 2024, at 4:45 PM, Richard Laager <rlaager at wiktel.com> wrote:

Would it be possible for ARIN to modify the LRSA in some way to placate this concern?

Richard -

Indeed, we’ve tried - there have been several revisions of the RSA in recent years to address
various concerns that have been raised.

Effectively saying that ARIN takes no position on those claims? …

In 2022 we did exactly that by modifying RSA section 7 clause to no longer require disclaiming significant rights
(e.g. property rights) and instead simply stating that this RSA provides specific rights to the resource holder –
<https://www.arin.net/announcements/20220912/>

(This made big difference to many legacy resource holders, but clearly not everyone…)

Thanks!
/John

John Curran
President and CEO