[ARIN-consult] Reminder on ARIN Consultation on RPKI/BGP

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Wed Feb 14 16:31:08 EST 2024

> On Feb 14, 2024, at 3:32 PM, William Herrin <bill at herrin.us> wrote:
>
> The Registration Services Agreement currently doesn't make sense,
> according to your numbers, to the registrants of 31% of the
> registrations you hold. Maybe you're doing it wrong.

It was 100% not under agreement when ARIN was formed, and 50% just a few years back,
and it is now 29.8% today (and still dropping…)

There are some organizations that that believe that they may have rights that exceed those
expressed in the RSA – while I find that rather fanciful, it’s certainly their choice, but it also
comes with consequences – choose wisely.

(and if you have any further input on the topic of the consultation, it would be most welcome.)

Thanks!
/John

John Curran
President and CEO