[ARIN-consult] Reminder on ARIN Consultation on RPKI/BGP

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Wed Feb 14 13:57:44 EST 2024

On Wed, Feb 14, 2024 at 9:57 AM ARIN <info at arin.net> wrote:
> As of 14 February, we have received very few comments
> from the community regarding this consultation. We believe
> adding this feature would benefit many ARIN customers,
> and we are seeking input from our community for any
> additional information or capabilities that should be included
> in this proposed functionality development.

> a new RPKI dashboard that will allow a user to view the current
> RPKI validity state and the resulting impact to routing for the
> resources covered by the ROA.

Hi John,

I mean, sure, it can't hurt, but there are other resources for folks
who want to compare their announcements against their ROAs and even
get alerts upon detection of invalid routes. I can offer a resounding,
"I do not care. This would be of limited use to me."

The elephant in the room isn't hosted RPKI users' ability to check
their ROAs, it's the very large number of registrations held at ARIN
which are ineligible for RPKI altogether. Until that changes, RPKI's
overall utility will remain significantly impaired.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

--
William Herrin