[ARIN-Suggestions] Responses Issued on Five ACSPs

ARIN info at arin.net
Wed May 2 12:54:29 EDT 2018

On 1 May, ARIN issued an initial response to five recent ACSP Suggestions:

ACSP Suggestion 2018.4: Mass Delete of Managed Reassignments Within ARIN
Online

https://www.arin.net/participate/acsp/suggestions/2018-4.html

Response:
Thank you for your suggestion, numbered 2018.4 upon confirmed receipt,
requesting ARIN make it possible to mass delete managed reassignments
within ARIN Online.

We have reviewed your suggestion and note that it is possible to create
the functionality you are requesting and believe the new feature would
enhance effective management of reassignments within ARIN Online.

Our development schedule for the 2018 year is currently filled by
previously submitted community suggestions and other system
improvements. We are currently reviewing our schedule for changes and
new additions through a comprehensive ACSP consultation to determine the
suggestion subject areas of highest interest to the community. Following
that consultation, we will consider if scheduling for this suggestion
may be moved up for 2018 or considered for 2019.

Thank you for participating in the ARIN Consultation and Suggestion
Process. Your suggestion will remain open until implemented.

ACSP Suggestion 2018.7: Improve POC Validation Functionality

https://www.arin.net/participate/acsp/suggestions/2018-7.html

Response:
Thank you for your suggestion, numbered 2018.7 upon confirmed receipt,
requesting ARIN make improvements to POC validation functionality.

We have reviewed your suggestion and understand the request would allow
an individual associated with a POC under a particular ORG ID to be able
to validate other POCs associated with that same ORG ID, including in
situations where the subject individual does not control the other
associated POCs.

There are several ways this type of functionality could be implemented,
especially considering differences between "role" and "individual" POC
record types. We will open a formal community consultation for this
suggestion to determine community support for making the requested
changes. Feedback received during the consultation will help inform how
ARIN will proceed in this area.

Thank you for participating in the ARIN Consultation and Suggestion
Process. Your suggestion will remain open until we are able to provide a
new update following the closure of the related community consultation.

ACSP Suggestion 2018.8: Improve List Display in ARIN Online

https://www.arin.net/participate/acsp/suggestions/2018-8.html

Response:
Thank you for your suggestion, numbered 2018.8 upon confirmed receipt,
requesting ARIN make improvements to list displays in ARIN Online.

We have reviewed your suggestion and understand the request is to allow
the user to select a full list view in cases they are presented with
pagination. We have also noted the feature request to have your
preference saved as an account default.

Our development schedule for the 2018 year is currently filled by
previously submitted community suggestions and other system
improvements. We are currently reviewing our schedule for changes and
new additions through a comprehensive ACSP consultation to determine the
suggestion subject areas of highest interest to the community. Following
that consultation, we will consider if scheduling for this suggestion
may be moved up for 2018 or considered for 2019.

Thank you for participating in the ARIN Consultation and Suggestion
Process. Your suggestion will remain open until implemented.

ACSP Suggestion 2018.9: Allow User Default Settings in ARIN Online

https://www.arin.net/participate/acsp/suggestions/2018-9.html

Response:
Thank you for your suggestion, numbered 2018.9 upon confirmed receipt,
requesting ARIN allow user default settings in ARIN Online.

We have reviewed your suggestion and understand it supplements
suggestion 2018.8, but that it also stands alone as a separate
suggestion to allow user default settings in areas of ARIN Online that
today, or in the future, allow for user settings selection. We further
note your call for ARIN to consider separate user defined settings
defaults for separate device types (mobile vs. browser). We will
investigate approaches to lists for mobile browsing vs. desktop browsing
and attempt to implement common best practices and industry standards in
user interface design.
Our development schedule for the 2018 year is currently filled by
previously submitted community suggestions and other system
improvements. We are currently reviewing our schedule for changes and
new additions through a comprehensive ACSP consultation to determine the
suggestion subject areas of highest interest to the community. Following
that consultation, we will consider if scheduling for this suggestion
may be moved up for 2018 or considered for 2019.

Thank you for participating in the ARIN Consultation and Suggestion
Process. Your suggestion will remain open until implemented.

ACSP Suggestion 2018.10: Associate Ask ARIN tickets with OrgID

https://www.arin.net/participate/acsp/suggestions/2018-10.html

Response:
Thank you for your suggestion, numbered 2018.10 upon confirmed receipt,
requesting ARIN allow ORG ID association with Ask ARIN tickets.

Ask ARIN tickets are currently support tickets that can be created by
individual users through their ARIN Online account. These general
support tickets do not currently allow linking to POCs or ORG IDs. We
understand your suggestion is to allow a web user to open an Ask ARIN
support ticket and make it visible to all ARIN Online account holders
who are linked under a common ORG ID.

Our development schedule for the 2018 year is currently filled by
previously submitted community suggestions and other system
improvements. We are currently reviewing our schedule for changes and
new additions through a comprehensive ACSP consultation to determine the
suggestion subject areas of highest interest to the community. Following
that consultation, we will consider if scheduling for this suggestion
may be moved up for 2018 or considered for 2019.

Thank you for participating in the ARIN Consultation and Suggestion
Process. Your suggestion will remain open until implemented.

Regards,

Communications and Member Services